Laws pertaining to employment periodically change to meet the changing needs of the general population. It is important the all employers understand and adhere to the current laws governing employment regulations and standards. Today, there is set of complex regulations and laws set in place to protect employees from various aspect of employment, including compensation, working hours, employment contract, safety, discrimination and others. Provided are links to websites that provide more information about employment law.
General Employment Law
- Employment Law Guide: A guide to employment law in the US.
- History of Labor Law: An account of the development of US labor law over the years.
- Labor and Employment Law: An explanation of labor and employment law, as well as links to related websites.
- Employment Law Information: Articles that provide comprehensive information on various aspects of US employment law.
- Child Labor Law: A web page that provides an overview of US child labor law.
- Employment and Benefits Law: A resource page with links to a wide range of information on employment and benefits law.
- Collective Bargaining FAQs: Frequently asked questions about collective bargaining.
- Overview of the National Labor Relations Act: General discussion on the National Labor Relations Act, an act that governs collective bargaining in the US.
- National Labor Relations Act: Full text of the National Labor Relations Act.
- Collective Bargaining Laws: Selection of publications that discuss various aspects of collective bargaining laws.
- Employment Discrimination: An overview of employment discrimination.
- Discrimination in the Workplace: Article that mentions specific laws that protect employees against various types of discrimination in the workplace.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission: The official website of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission of the US.
- ADA and Employment: Find out how the Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act protects disabled people from discrimination in the workplace.
- Sex Discrimination: Discussion on sex discrimination in the workplace.
- No Fear Act: An antidiscrimination act that applies to federal employees.
- Employment Discrimination Resources: Links to websites with valuable information on employment discrimination.
- Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation: A federal corporation that provides protection for the pensions of American employees and retirees.
- Pension Protection Act: Lots of information about the Pension Protection Act of 2006.
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act: A concise summary of the Employment Retirement Income Security Act of 1974.
- Government Pension Offset: Questions and answers about government pension.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration: Website of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration from the US Department of Labor.
- Workplace Safety and Health: Articles about various laws and programs that promote workplace safety and health.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act: A document that relates the implications of the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health: A federal agency that is responsible for encouraging safe and healthy practices in the workplace.
- Workplace Safety Resources: Information on workplace safety and links to related sites.
- Employee Compensation: An evaluation of employee compensation in the US.
- Federal Employees’ Compensation Act: Frequently asked questions about the Federal Employees’ Compensation Act.
- Fair Labor Standards Act: Comprehensive explanation of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Minimum Wage Laws: Record of minimum wage rates in each state of the US.
("Legal information found on this page does not constitute legal advice.")