The BestPersonal Injury Attorney in California.
We welcome clients from all over the state of California.
What We Do
Tire Failure & Rollover
Understanding Tire Failure and Rollover Accident Injury and Wrongful Death Claims in CaliforniaCalifornia's roadways are some of the busiest in the nation, with millions of drivers navigating them each day. Given this volume, it's inevitable that accidents occur, and one of the less recognized, yet highly catastrophic types involves tire failure and vehicle rollovers. Tire failure and rollover accidents can lead to serious injuries and, tragically, wrongful deaths.
If you or a loved one has suffered due to such an incident, understanding your rights and the legal landscape surrounding these accidents is essential. This article explores California's personal injury and wrongful death law as it relates to tire failure and rollover accidents.
Tire Failure and Rollover Accidents in CaliforniaTire failure can result from manufacturing defects, inadequate maintenance, excessive wear and tear, or poor design. When a tire fails at high speeds, it can cause the driver to lose control, leading to a potential rollover, especially in vehicles with high centers of gravity, like SUVs and vans.
Rollover accidents are particularly dangerous. The sudden and violent nature of these accidents often leads to severe injuries, including traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, fractures, and even death. Victims may face substantial medical bills and long-term or permanent disabilities that can significantly affect their quality of life.
Personal Injury ClaimsIn California, if you are injured in a rollover accident due to tire failure and someone else's negligence—whether it be the tire manufacturer, the vehicle manufacturer, or another party—you may file a personal injury claim. The cornerstones of negligence in personal injury law are duty, breach, causation, and damages.
In cases of tire failure, manufacturers have a duty to provide safe products. If they breach this duty by selling defective tires, they may be liable for any resulting injuries. Similarly, other parties, like vehicle manufacturers, may be responsible if design flaws contributed to the accident.
Under the state's pure comparative negligence rule, even if you bear some fault for the accident, you can still seek compensation, though the total recoverable amount will be reduced by your percentage of fault.
Wrongful Death ClaimsA wrongful death claim is a civil action brought when a person's death is caused by the negligent or intentional acts of another. In the unfortunate event that a tire failure and rollover accident results in death, a wrongful death claim can provide financial compensation to the victim's family.
In California, surviving spouses, domestic partners, children, or those who would be entitled to the decedent's property under state intestacy laws can file a wrongful death claim. These individuals can seek compensation for their tangible and intangible losses, such as funeral and burial costs, loss of financial support, and loss of companionship and affection.
What Should You Do If You Are Involved in a Rollover Accident?If you or a loved one is involved in a rollover accident, the following steps are crucial:
- Seek medical attention: Immediately get medical help, even if you believe you are uninjured. Some injuries, like traumatic brain injuries, may not show symptoms immediately.
- Document the incident: Collect as much information as possible from the scene, such as photographs, names and contact information of witnesses, and the condition of the tires and vehicle.
- Preserve the evidence: Do not discard the failed tire or vehicle. They are vital pieces of evidence in proving a case of product liability.
- Consult with a personal injury attorney: An attorney specializing in personal injury cases can help assess your situation, determine if negligence played a part, and guide you through the complex legal process.
How Can a Personal Injury Attorney Help?A skilled personal injury attorney can provide the expertise and guidance you need to navigate the aftermath of a rollover accident. Here are several ways an attorney can assist you:
- Case Evaluation: An experienced attorney can thoroughly assess your case, helping identify the liable parties, whether negligence was involved, and the potential damages you may be able to recover.
- Investigation: Personal injury attorneys can help gather the necessary evidence to support your claim. This could include acquiring expert testimony to prove a tire was defective, retrieving and analyzing accident reports, and more.
- Negotiating with Insurance Companies: Insurance companies often attempt to minimize their payouts. Your attorney can negotiate with these companies on your behalf to strive for a fair settlement.
- Litigation: If an acceptable settlement can't be reached, your attorney can take your case to court, advocating for your rights and interests before a judge or jury.
ConclusionTire failure and rollover accidents can cause severe injuries or wrongful deaths, leading to emotional, physical, and financial hardship. If you or a loved one has been affected by such an incident, understanding your rights under California law is paramount.
Our law firm has extensive experience handling personal injury and wrongful death claims related to tire failure and rollover accidents. We are committed to helping victims and their families through these challenging times and advocating for the compensation they deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation, and let us help you on your journey toward recovery.
("The legal information presented on this page should not be considered as legal counsel.")
California'sTopBestPremierWrongful Death Lawyer
The jury's flawless understanding of clients' pain and suffering is a testament to our outstanding performance in the courtroom.
We customize solutions to strategically attain the most favorable results, thereby optimizing jury verdicts.
World Class Support
Maintaining transparency during the entire litigation process ensures a smooth experience for clients in jury trials.
Eager to discuss ideas? Let's dive in and begin immediately.
In the realm of personal injury lawsuits, every moment holds significant value. Procrastination may lead to substantial losses. Each stage in the legal process of your case is crucial and requires careful consideration in order to attain the most favorable result.
Get in Touch
Feel free to visit our offices at any time.
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Phone: (310) 724-6222
San Francisco, CA 94104
Phone: (415) 629-0109